Wednesday 9 October 2013

The Outer Circle Night Witch

Riding the bus, one warm summer's night
A haggard "lady" gets on, as others alight
Her clothes, on her figure, are horribly tight
She sits next to a man, she greets him; "Alright?"

For much of the journey, she goes on and on
I'm hoping her trip doesn't last very long
She rants and she yells, her voice pierces the air
With passengers trying hard not to look or to stare

She rants about her late friend "His name was Paul if you knew 'im!"
But the well-to-do man would rather not stick his nose in
With Wine Gums in my pocket, my interest is waning
But I catch a glimpse of her face, her teeth, terrible staining

I think of various ways to calm her down without provoking
Then she lets out an abominable witch's laugh
From thirty years of smoking

She alights at Battery Park and the tension lifts
As she meets up with a man, and I stop and think
"Is this cunt blind, or is he just really pissed?"

2 comments: